IJ-7 had two main parts - the main conference and the academic track
Main Conference (June 7-9 2010)
MISSION STATEMENT: The world is driven by creative destruction, when entrepreneurs introduce innovations that change societies and drive economic growth. How can journalism survive, while successfully telling the stories about it and facilitating public discussion? Is journalism+innovation a key to collective intelligence in the innovation economy? IJ-7 is a conference for everyone who thinks journalism and innovation is important. We welcome all journalism and innovation stakeholders: journalists, industry, policy-makers in media and innovation, PR, academic researchers, faculty and students in related areas of study, other professionals connected to the news industry, as well as individuals with a special interest in journalism and innovation.
- Conference Chair: David Nordfors, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Stanford Research Center of Innovation Journalism
- Academic Track Chair: Kirsten Mogensen, Visiting Professor at the Stanford Research Center of Innovation Journalism
- Event Planner: Johanna Mansor, Stanford Research Center of Innovation Journalism
- Conference Web Editor: Fatima Akhtar, InJo Fellow 2010, based at the Stanford Research Center of Innovation Journalism
- InJo Fellowship Program Coach and Copy Editor: John Joss